New Year means new resolution, and based on what I post here, I wanna be a skillful lady. One of my skill resolution is mastering my ability of writing. It means I need to read more. I like reading a lot, but apparently in the past 5 years, my ability of reading is somewhat deteriorating. Yeah, you know, social media mostly was the main reason. But I try not to make any excuses to myself again this year.
Last year, from 12 books I had challenged myself, I only could finish 5 books (not even half), they are:
- Sila ke-6: Kreatif Sampai Mati – by Wahyu Aditya
I have reviewed this book in my other blog – [Review Buku] SILA KE-6: KREATIF SAMPAI MATI
- Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) – by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades of Darker (Fifty Shades #2) – by E.L. James
- The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories #1) – by Chris Colfer
I also have reviewed this one – [e-Book Review] The Land of Stories (Book 1) – The Wishing Spell
- The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories #2) – by Chris Colfer
This year I challenge myself even more,Â 20 books around 2015. I guess I can make this time. Why? Because if you guys see at my Currently-Reading shelf, I haven’t finished like almost 10-traceable-books since a year ago. I was easily distracted by new and exciting books that left boring and hard-long books behind. Yup sometimes I am bored with a not-so-good book, not like the old days, I always tried to finish them no matter what. I don’t say that all of my books in Currently-Reading shelf is boring. Some of them are and some of them not. So beside reading 20 books on 2015, I must finish all books whether it is interesting or not.
So which books will I read during 2015 other than in the currently reading shelf? I do not know yet. I have so many books (hardcopy and ebook format) in my shelves that haven’t been touched since they were bought. I might say hundreds of books are sitting on my shelves (physical shelf and electronic shelf) waiting to be read. This is the bad habit of me. I liked the smell of new books then without thinking I just bought them. Later on I regretted. I didn’t have enough time to finish all of them while new books will always be published. Even I have books from 4 or 5 years ago left untouched.
But maybe these books are the books I will read throughout the year (aside of those in the currently-reading shelf):
- Third book of Fifty Shades Trilogy,
- Third book of The Land of Stories Trilogy,
- Second and third books of Hunger Games Trilogy,
- Series of The Mortal Instruments,
- Some Indonesian Books such as: Kedai 1001 Mimpi, Kedai 1002 Mimpi, London, Life Traveler, etc,
- Maybe some new books that are published on 2015.
Seems like old books, eh? At least I can build my reading habit, review them in SanWa Library blog, and finish the challenge.
How about you? Which books will you read on 2015?
Also wanted to let you guys know that I haven’t stopped gaming completely, I still buy counter strike skins once in a while.