Owh yeaaayyy!!! Another award in a week. Thank you very much C.E. Robinson for this awesome award. I’m really honored you nominated me for this award and in a showcase edition. Your blog inspired me to be a better writer especially your entry about your book, good ones. Please keep writing and influence young people like me. I love your success story (yeah to me that was a great success you had :)).
A little showcase of the nominator, Christine Elizabeth Robinson has a blog called Before Sundown. To her, “the taglineâ€™s the real theme, remember what made you smileâ€¦before sundown.” And really her story made me smile. She is a retired board certified nurse practitioner and now her wish to be an everyday writer come true. She said in her blog, “Iâ€™m at the computer with a WordPress blog site to keep up, posts to create, followers to follow, and two non-fiction books to write.” Seeing her life photos talk to me that she is an example of success despite the ups and downs she experienced. My comment for her, “keep writing and don’t stop!!!”. Visit her blog Before Sundown and you will find no regret.
Copying her sentences in her blog, “The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming-bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, valued, endearing and welcome. Blogging is about building community, connecting with other bloggers to help spread the word about newer bloggers and their sites.” I’m ready to share my answers and questions, and the most important thing the nominees. After a few thoughts I will follow the original rules.
The Liebster Blog Award rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award and link their blog to your post.
- Answer 11 questions theyâ€™ve asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for this award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
- Let your nominees know you nominated them once youâ€™ve posted about your Liebster Blog Award.
- Add the Liebster Blog Award to your blog post.
Questions and My Answer:
1.Â Â How did participating in Novemberâ€™s NaBloPoMo help â€œpushâ€ your writing forward?
November’s NaBloPoMo is my first NaBloPoMo. I still have many weakness in following this activity. But I might say that joining NaBloPoMo made me think harder to post. As I mentioned in my blog I try to connect to many others. Although I found it hard to maintain the connection, because you know NaBloPoMo has thousands of entries and hundreds of participants, but I met some foreign bloggers who influence me to write more in English with much better ideas.
2.Â Â How would you inspire young, new bloggers to keep blogging when they feel unknown, unsuccessful and defeated?
I write a post related to blogging, It’s called Making Time for Blogging. At first my intention to write this post is to encourage me to blog no matter what the situation is. After weeks of posting I found that many people (although still can be counting) liked it even shared it in twitter. So yeah to them who feel unknown, unsuccessful and defeated like me I encourage you to read my post, keep writing with passion, enjoy your life, do not bother traffic (but who doesn’t love traffic :D), make connections, be brave, and be patient then you will build a useful blog at least to encourage yourself and someday you will see how your blog can be useful to others also.
3.Â Â What author do you want to be like in your writing? Style? Genre?
In Indonesia I love two style of writing from two author, they are Sitta Karina and Clara Ng. They wrote creative writing related to daily life with a unique style of writing. As foreign author I easilly fell in love with Chris Colfer, the actor who played in Glee and wrote fairytale books. And to me they push me to have a passion in Feature Writing (yup I don’t know the relation between creative writing like novel can build my passion in Feature Writing :D) and someday I want to train my brain to make children books like Chris Colfer did :).
4.Â Â What differences do you find in your blog writing now that you are married?
The differences are more about timing and ideas. I don’t know why but after I got married I found that I have plenty of time to blog rather than I was alone. More over I have fresh ideas to be written about. My wedding journey was my trigger to be re-active in blogging world.
5.Â Â If you were going to write a book about your life, where would you begin the story?
I want to begin my story from my high school memories because I feel that my life was started to be colorful at high school.
6.Â Â What activity do you do to get yourself writing again when you donâ€™t want to, but know you have to? Listen to music? Take a walk to clear your mind? Eat special food?
Reading books, blogwalking, go to new places, and try new food. These activities give idea to me of what to write.
The Nominees are (okey for this one I don’t specify for only blogs below 200 followers, I just choose randomly and hopefully can encourage them blog evenmore):
Questions for Nominees: (To make 11 questions is hard, but I try to make them).
- Why did you start blogging?
- Why you keep blogging until now?
- How you manage your time between blogging, working, studying (if you are also a student now), being husband/wife/single, playing, connecting to other people, and resting?
- What is the post / idea from your own blog you like the most, why, and please share the link?
- If you have blogger’s block (my word for writer’s block for blogger :D), what would you do to increase your mood on blogging?
- What you love the most of your country you live in (please only choose 1 and describe why)?
- Which one do you prefer, mountain or beach, and why?
- Are you a book junkie? Please recommend three good books you have read recently!
- What was the movie you last watched and what do you think of it?
- Which actress you like the most, Emma Watson or Jeniffer Lawrence, and why?
- What are the top-3 sites you visit the most and you find useful (please post the active link)?
Hope for the nominees can accept the award, you may use English and Indonesian in your post blog responding to this award. For them who read my blog find this post useful. 🙂