Ahhh… I hardly update my post in this recent week. I don’t know why but I feel like I had an awful last week which made me had to wait to post my daily prompt. But, hey now I got the chance and I might say it is worth to have it in my Waiting Room. Why? Because I was kinda having a Blogger’s Block. I do have blog drafts about my traveling experiences, but to make even a single post it needs time to memorize all. So, to make my brain doesn’t stop working on processing words I need another topic to be shared which I utilize Daily Prompt as the facility. But, once again, to make a post based on the topic is not that simple to me. Hence, I wait. Finally the time comes. After a week waiting, I want to write about my married life, of course the sharable one.
One of my weakness to living my married life is unable to cook. Yeah, I am a wife who can not cook good food for my husband. I can cook rice, instant noodle, and water only (read “only” with all capital letter). A year before getting married, my husband(-to-be) always pushed me to learn to cook at least how to make fried tempe. But I kept dodging by telling that I still have plenty of time to learn, I will learn starting 6 months before marriage. When reached D-6month, I didn’t learn some due to my rush activity in preparing marriage and working. This is making me regret. I feel ashamed to my own husband by not making him food. These past months after married, I only helped my mother-in-law in preparing food such as chopping the ingredients for my new family and her family. But, I always consider this as waiting. I am waiting for the right time to serve my husband with my own cook. My friend said, keep waiting and learning, one day you can make it on your own.
Aaaannnndddd, yesterday…. I made it!!! I made a simple fried rice for my husband. And guess what, he said very delicioussss!!! Yeay. I remember my first attempt to make him fried rice before we getting married. It was a disaster, too oily, scorched egg, and salty. But this second attempt I made it. With only a little help from my mother-in-law, I cook the food my husband like with my own hand and heart. I do heart all newly wedsss cry.
A little I want to share how I cooked the fried rice for 2~3 persons. Actually this is a reminder for me of making the exact same simple fried rice without always asking my mother-in-law :D.
- Prepare all the ingredients: 5 red cayenne (read: RAWIT MERAH), 2 curly chilli (read: CABE KERITING), two cloves of garlic, two cloves of red garlic, enough salt, one sachet of Royco seasoning, 1 pc of egg, 3 standard-plates of rice, a bit of Sasa Seasoning, enough sweet soy sauce, and few slices of cucumber.
- Finely mashed red cayenne, curly chilli, garlic, red garlic, salt, and Royco. I used 5 red cayenne and 2 curly chilli to make a middle hot fried rice.
- Stir-fry those mashed spices with enough oil, add egg before the spices went dark, and stir them all.
- After it is well-cooked, put rice and sasa seasoning, then give a little sweet soy sauce according to the liking and stir them all well until done. Basically done means that the rice color is changed and smells good.
- The fried rice is ready to serve. Then put a little garnish such as few slices of cucumber on top of the fried rice.
To hear my husband saying “delicious” from his deepest heart, making all the wait is really worth waiting for. I haven’t been the expert of cooking but I know, a little more wait, a little more patient studying with my mother and mother-in-law I can be the desirable wife my husband want me to be.
NB: I am sorry that the content is mostly out of topic and cheesy 🙂 😀